Europe’s largest language event has a new owner.
A message for exhibitors
I’m delighted to be writing this as the new owner of the Language Show. My company, Evolved Events Ltd, acquired the show after the 2017 event and we have big plans, in the show’s 30th year, to make the show work better for exhibitors (and visitors).
I used to run the Language Show 10 years ago, between 2004 – 2007, before selling it. During my time, visitor numbers increased from 1,900 to 9,500 and exhibitor numbers increased by a factor of 3, so i am hoping to use this valuable experience to boost exhibitor returns in 2018.
How will I make the show work better?
- Changing the Venue – the show moves back to Olympia in 2018 where it’s been for 13 previous years and where it’s done best.
- Booking a new, modern hall at Olympia called Olympia West. This means the whole show – exhibitors, seminars, features and classes – will be co-located on one floor and ensures maximum interaction between visitors and exhibitors. (We will use silent seminars and RF headsets to deal with any sound conflicts).
- Dates – change to 9-11 November 2018 which avoids clashing with half term, the Frankfurt Book Fair and Expolingua Berlin.
- Content – great seminars, talks, features and classes are, along with exhibitors, what attracts busy people to shows. We will make the show’s content better, more relevant, more interesting and include a dedicated programme for teachers. Crucially, everything – talks, classes and performances – will be entirely FREE to attend. (We’ve already opened submissions for seminars, classes and performances here).
- Marketing – In 2018 the marketing campaign will use colourful and exciting images of the world to entice visitors. We will increase the marketing spend and improve the marketing strategy.
As always our visitors will be language learners (roughly 30%), language teachers (roughly 40%), linguists and language professionals (roughly 30%) and this year, we hope for 10,000 visitors in total. See how we’ll do it, promote it, more stats and check out the floorplan here.
Exhibition stands start at just £738 + vat for a 2m x 1m for all three days. But hurry. 50% of space has already been booked and the 2018 rate increase takes place in March.